Cub Scout recruiting tips
- Every pack should have a Tiger den. Scouts who start as Tigers stay in the program longer.
- For private schools, ask principals or lead teachers to allow a walk-through of classes. Please contact Marty Price after making arrangements.
- For public schools, ask principals to allow a lunch presentation accompanied by school officials, preferably principals or vice principals.
- Recruitment is a district-supported activity, and should therefore be accompanied by a district representative (i.e. unit commissioner, district commissioner, district executive or their designee). Applications and fees should be turned over to a district representative immediately after the recruitment meeting.
- Recruitment meetings should preferably be scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday; not on the same day as your pack's monthly meeting; and at the school, not at the pack meeting place. For LAUSD schools, please contact Marty Price to arrange a use-of-facilities permit.
- A standard flier will be given to students in both private and public schools.
- Download the flier template.
- Fill in the place, room, date and time in all three places:
- Top of page 1
- Bottom of page 1 (Spanish, use Google Translate if needed)
- Bottom of page 2
- Include a Spanish-speaking contact (required by LAUSD). If your unit doesn't have one, then fill in Liz Hernandez 818-933-0128, and send her a copy so she can respond intelligently to phone calls.
Friends of Scouting
2017 events (Apr - Aug)