- March 17-19, 2017 (register by March 10)
- August 18-20, 2017 - Family Camp
- October 20-22, 2017 (register by October 13)
- November 3-5, 2017 (register by October 30)
How to register
We accept registration until full (300 campers, 500 for Family Camp) or the Friday the week prior to camp starting. Please note there is a no refund policy.
- Go to the council site and select the date you want to attend.
- In the registration section, enter your own name. You will enter the name of the Cub Scout in the forms section.
- At the end, you will be asked if you wish to pay by credit card or check.
- Make your selection and then proceed to the end. You will get a confirmation page that you can print out.
- To pay by check, mail your check to:
Western Los Angeles County Council
16525 Sherman Way, C-8
Van Nuys, CA 91401
- When mailing checks, please indicate the reference number on your receipt from Doubleknot and put account #1-6801-126-20 in the memo section of your check.
- If you have questions, please call David Kline at (818) 933-0106.
To get a Cub/Parent T-shirt, you must pre-order it when registering.
What are Cub/Parent Weekends?
One parent and one Cub Scout having quality time together in a great outdoor setting. (A parent or legal guardian must accompany each Scout. Additional family members may only attend Family Camp.)
Cub/Parent Weekends are held in Camp Josepho. This 110-acre camp is nestled in the Santa Monica mountain range in Pacific Palisades.
Family Camp is held in Camp Whitsett.
Great for new campers - showers, restrooms, and meals included:
- Saturday - Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Sunday - Breakfast
Friday dinner at Family Camp may be pre-purchased for $5 per person.
Programs are provided from Tiger Cubs through second-year Webelos:
- BB (every boy can earn this belt loop)
- Archery (every boy can earn this belt loop)
- Knot tying
- Field sports
- Disco Dance Party
- Campfire program put on by the campers
- And much, much more
- Webelos can work specialized advancement activities
What to bring
- Tent (not needed for Family Camp)
- Sleeping bag
- Personal hygiene items
- Clothes (including jackets for evening)
What to expect
- 5 pm (3 pm for Family Camp) - Registration begins
- 8:30 pm - Opening campfire
- 7:30 am - Breakfast
- 9:00 am - Opening
- 10:00 am - Activities (BB and archery at pre-scheduled times)
- 12:30 pm - Lunch
- 2:00 pm - Continue with crafts and activities
- 6:30 pm - Dinner
- 8:00 am - Breakfast
- 10:00 am - Scouts Own (non-specific religious service)
- 11:00 am - Pack up and head home
- Cubmaster - Barry Leafman
- Administration - Sunday Moore
- Advisor - Al Sakai (310) 701-8267
- Advisor - David Kline (818) 933-0106
All team members for these exciting weekends are volunteers who one time were campers. Each volunteer is an active member of the team and works hard to see all campers have a great experience. Look for them in the blue shirts.
Food is prepared fresh on-site by our volunteer chefs. Our campers, as assigned by color groups, do all other food service and cleanup.
We have limited vegetarian options available upon request.
Be prepared - there is always a line in the dining hall!
Assorted items are on sale in our trading post, including snacks and some sundries. Prices are reasonable.
Cub/Parent T-shirts must be pre-ordered when registering.