Cub/Family Weekends at Emerald Bay
Island adventure for everyone!
- March 17-19, 2017 (register by March 10)
- $200 per person for tent housing
- $230 per person for cabin housing (first come, first served)
- $1,720 per private cabin (up to 8 people)
- Price includes transportation to the island, all activities, and meals from Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch
- October 20-22, 2017 (register by October 13)
How to register
We accept registration until full (400 campers) or two weeks prior to camp starting. Please note that cabin space is limited and is available on a first come first served basis.
- Go to the Emerald Bay site and select the date you want to attend.
- In the registration section, enter your own name. You will enter the name of the Cub Scout in the forms section.
- At the end, you will be asked if you wish to pay by credit card or check.
- Make your selection and then proceed to the end. You will get a confirmation page that you can print out.
- To pay by check, make your check payable to "WLACC" and mail it to:
Camp Emerald Bay
Attn: Judy Pierce
P.O. Box 5066
Avalon, CA 90704
- When mailing checks, please indicate the reference number on your receipt from Doubleknot and put account #1-6801-126-20 in the memo section of your check.
- If you have questions, please call Camp Emerald Bay's Registrar Judy Pierce at (310) 510-1795 extension 11 or Jpierce@bsa-la.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to Cub/Family Weekend at Emerald Bay!
- Marine center tours (Cubs can pet a shark!)
- Kayaking / Canoeing
- Archery (belt loop available)
- BB guns (belt loop available)
- Outdoor skills
- Arts and crafts
What to expect
- 5:00 or 5:30 pm (tentative) - Boat departs for Catalina
- 7:00 pm - Arrival and getting settled
- 8:00 pm - Campfire hangout with s'mores
- 8:00 am - Breakfast
- 9:00 am to 12:00 pm - Activities open
- 12:30 pm - Lunch
- 1:30 pm - Hike to Parson's Beach (meets at Ship's Store)
- 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm - Activities open
- 6:00 pm - Dinner
- 7:30 pm - Costume contest and campfire
- 7:30 am - Breakfast
- 8:00 am - Cabin Clean Up (Luggage to Eucalyptus Tree)
- 8:30 am - Camp Sweep - Leave No Trace
- 9:30 am - Boat Loading
- 11:30 am - Mainland Arrival